02 Aug Air Conditioning Myths That Are Costing You Money
For most households, particularly those in Texas, there is nothing as valuable as a properly-working air conditioning system. The right central AC unit will help keep any home cool and comfortable, even in the midst of some serious summer heat.
However, while most homes have some type of air conditioning system, not all homeowners know how to properly use that air conditioning system. In fact, there are a lot of myths out there about air conditioning that can ultimately be costing you money.
Here are some of the biggest air conditioning myths that may be having an impact on your bottom line.
- Myth: If you turn your thermostat all the way down, your home will cool faster. Set it to the temperature you want and wait patiently.
- Myth: The bigger your AC unit is, the better it will work. Size doesn’t matter that much, it is all about having the right size AC unit for your home.
- Myth: Turning off the AC when you’re not home will save energy, and costs. Turning the AC in your home on and off will actually cost you more money. You can turn the AC down when you aren’t home, but don’t turn it off completely.
- Myth: It’s best to let your old AC unit completely die before you replace it. This isn’t true, when your AC unit is about to expire, it will stop working efficiently and cost you a lot of money. If you have regular maintenance and repairs, a professional will be able to tell you when it’s time to replace your unit.
- Myth: The thermostat location doesn’t impact air quality or temperature. In fact, the placement of your thermostat in your home is very important and impacts your energy costs. Always make sure to ask a HVAC professional about the proper location for your thermostat.
- Myth: Your air condition unit will not run as much or use as much energy if you have the ceiling fan turned on. Your ceiling fans aren’t going to have that much of an impact on how much energy your AC system uses.
The more you know about some of the myths, and therefore the truths of running your air conditioning units, the more cost efficient you can keep your home.
Here at Texas Pride Heating and Air, we want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your air conditioning system, and that you never have to worry about overpaying for keeping your home cool and comfortable. If you have questions about your system, need repairs or are looking for regular maintenance—we are here to help you make it through that Texas heat.