What Can You Do To Keep Your Electric Bill Cheaper? Here Are Some Tips From Texas Pride Heating & Air.
Use LED lights. LED is a highly energy-efficient lighting technology and has the potential to change the future of lighting in the United States fundamentally. Residential LEDs, especially ENERGY STAR-rated products — use at least 75% less energy and last up to 25 times longer than incandescent lighting. Turn off your lights when they aren’t in use.
What Can You Do Differently In The Kitchen
Appliances account for about 20 percent of the average household’s energy use, and chances are high that if you haven’t purchased new appliances in the past ten years, you’re spending the extra money to keep them running. If you’re considering buying a new appliance, look for products with the ENERGY STAR label. ENERGY STAR appliances outperform standard appliances due to advanced technology and design, reducing energy use and saving money.
- Cooking accounts for 4.5% of total home electricity. It can reach up to 15% when adding refrigeration, hot water, dishwashing, and all the other elements that go into making meals for the family.
- Keep the oven door closed when it’s being used. Try using the stove more than the oven.
- Air-dry your dishes, or only use the dishwasher when it’s full.
- Avoid setting up your refrigerator next to the oven or boiler, as that cause it to work harder to maintain cool temperatures inside.
- Use a microwave oven as much as possible. It uses less energy than a conventional oven.
- Keep your oven burners clean.
- Make sure to match the pan size to your cooking element. A small pot on a large burner wastes energy.
Is Your House Insulated?
Insulating the attic is an effective way to help keep your house cozy and energy efficient—not just over the cool months but at all times of the year. The U.S. Department of Energy estimates homeowners could reduce energy costs by 10%–50% with proper attic insulation.
A considerable amount of heat transfers through windows. If you have single-pane windows, consider doing the following:
- First, tighten and weather-strip your old windows and then add storm windows.
- Next, replace your old single-glazed windows with new double-glazed windows.
- In colder climates, “low-e” coatings on glass can help reduce heat loss through windows.
- In hot climates, consider adding solar screening to west-facing windows that catch a lot of heating late in the day. Solar screening is sold at many home improvement stores.
- Seal up cracks.
Heating & Air Conditioning
Heating and air conditioning use the most significant chunk of your home energy dollar. How can you save?
- Buying an energy-efficient upper-seer Central Air HVAC system will significantly improve your energy savings!
- Heat pump and air conditioning systems should be checked annually to verify they are properly charged, strictly following manufacturer guidelines.
- Inside and outside coils should be kept clean and free of debris.
- Gas furnaces should be tuned for maximum combustion efficiency.
- HVAC Filters should be changed regularly.
- Have an HVAC technician check carefully for duct leaks. Leaks that are found
need to be sealed immediately. If you have a critter issue, call a pest control company as soon as possible.
- Having a regular Tune-Up from Texas Pride Heating & Air
- Install a Smart thermostat. All in all, the benefits of smart thermostats outweigh the price tag. Not only do they provide an easy opportunity to make some cost-cutting habit changes, but they also give an in-depth, behind-the-scenes look into your actual energy usage like never before.
For Texans who need top-quality air conditioning and heating products with outstanding installation, Texas Pride Heating & Air offers the best choice. From filters to thermostats, you’ll find a range of reliable equipment perfect for any home or office space. Not only will you get optimal value for your money, but these products also come with impressive warranty choices, so you can have peace of mind knowing that your purchase is protected. Additionally, all Texas Pride Heating & Air items are energy efficient, meaning you can save on energy costs in the long run by utilizing their products and services. Get ready to stay comfortable year-round with Texas Pride Heating & Air! Book Online with us today by clicking this link.