08 Dec 8 Reasons You Should NEVER Skip Your HVAC Unit’s Bi-Annual Maintenance
Your HVAC system is an integral component of your home and one that does a lot to keep your property safe and comfortable. However, it can be easy to take your HVAC system for granted and to forget that it needs regular maintenance in order to work its best.
Experts recommend that you have your system inspected twice per year. If you aren’t already getting bi-annual maintenance done on your system, there is no better time than the present to start. You should never skip these twice-yearly maintenance appointments, and here are eight of the most important reasons why:
- It Helps Extend the Life of Your Unit- Your heating and cooling devices are a big investment. Regular inspections can help protect that investment and extend the life of your HVAC system.
- It Will Protect Your Warranty- Regular inspections are essential to maintaining the coverage of the warranty on your system.
- It Will Get Your System Ready for The Season- HVAC units need tune ups just like your car needs an oil change. These tune ups are essential before the change in season, and you should get one before the winter and summer seasons when your HVAC system has to work the most.
- It Will Prevent Premature Wear. Over time, the individual parts of your HVAC system will start to wear down, both from consistent use and from dirt and grime build up. Your bi-annual maintenance will help your parts last longer and let you know when it is about time to replace them all together.
- It Keeps the Air Clean in Your Home. When the HVAC system is working in your home it isn’t just heating and cooling the air, it is keeping the air circulating and filtered so it stays clean. In fact, a tuned up HVAC system is a must-have for those who suffer from allergies.
- It Reduces Emergency Calls. Nothing is worse than having a 100-degree Texas weather day and having your HVAC system die out on you. Regular maintenance will help you stay ahead of the problem, meaning fewer emergency calls to your technician.
- It Keeps Your Home Safe. HVAC systems are designed to be a safe addition to your home, as long as they come with regular inspections and checks and balances. Your HVAC tech will make sure the gas lines, fuel, electrical wiring and refrigerants that can all potentially pose a risk, are working safely as they should be.
- It Will Prevent Unnecessary Damage to Your Home. Those 100-degree days may feel brutal to you, but if you don’t have a properly working AC unit, extreme heat like this can actually cause stress and damage to your home.
If you have more questions about what you can be doing to keep your HVAC system up and running, or would like to make an appointment for your bi-annual check up, then contact the experts here at Texas Pride Heating and Air to make an appointment today.